Then begin here with this first summary of the epic ongoing Super Haters saga!!!
- Things started off raw and raunchy on June 25, 2009 with Getting to Know You, the debut Super Haters story arc.
- Teamwork was a loosely connected series of strips that established the basics of Mind's Eye and Destruct-O-Tron's on-again off-again relationship. After having awkward sex, Mind's Eye decided to kick Destruct-O-Tron out and find a new partner.
- In Casting Call, Mind's Eye's search for a new partner was fraught with problems. No one met her exacting standards, but none of the applicants were hot shit either. This story arc introduced Señor Limpio, BRAINS!, Degenerate Dwarf, and Mulldusa.
- Mind's Eye accepted Destruct-O-Tron back into her life, only to decide that the time was ripe for a vacation. Mindless Destruction chronicled Destruct-O-Tron's struggle with feelings of inadequacy and loneliness as he tried to make new friends. This story arc introduced Doc, Skull, King Steve, and Knows.
- Destruct-O-Tron's search for friends was fruitless. Ready to give up the superhero life altogether, D-Tron was visited by the ghost of his former partner -- Eggstradamus -- in A Destruct-O-Carol. After other ghostly visits from Destruct-O-Granny and Disgust-O-Tron, Destruct-O-Tron decided to keep being a superhero.
- NEW LAYOUT!! Starting with Under Construction, I switched to six panels per strip. This arc breaks the 4th wall and provides some meta commentary on the change.
- The Same Old was a nonsensical follow-up to the previous arc.
- The Haters returned to narrative storytelling with The Gift of Time, a time-travel scenario wherein Destruct-O-Tron thought he was three months in the future when he was really nine months in the past.
- Back in Action was my attempt to reclaim the excitement I felt while making the Teamwork storyline. It didn't work.
- Sick of Destruct-O-Tron and Mind's Eye, I killed them off in the WTF? story arc. They were replaced by Mulldusa and The Living Bling, who I promptly killed off a few strips later.
- I decided to completely relaunch Super Haters with Wacky and Morbid, two concurrent story arcs that featured new characters in a totally different situation. While the experience was fun, it still didn't capture the magic I initially felt with Destruct-O-Tron and Mind's Eye (who returned at the very end, BTW). Following the completion of these stories, the webcomic went on hiatus.
- After a six month break, the Haters returned in Issues. Joined by my new co-writer -- Justique Woolridge -- we decided to bring back Destruct-O-Tron and Mind's Eye for an ongoing serialized narrative (something I'd deviated from ever since Under Construction). This tale introduced Captain Nasty and Destruct-O-Bot, and revealed Destruct-O-Tron's first name to be Todd.
- Mind's Eye turned back the clock in Kids, helping Destruct-O-Tron and Destruct-O-Bot work out their childhood problems.
- In Stuck, Mind's Eye struggled to find the right magic spell to get the Super Haters back into adult form. This story arc introduced Battle Pixie and Ross.
- After successfully becoming adults again, Mind's Eye came down with a cold in Sick. This story arc revealed Mind's Eye's first name to be Nilufa and ended with an especially intense cliffhanger...
Be back tomorrow for The History of the Haters pt 2, featuring the reveal of Destruct-O-Tron's face and tons more!!